Sunday, September 09, 2007

Celebrating 1 year of ATV fun under the midnight sun

It is hard to believe, but Alaska ATV is one year old now. Yesterday officially marked the 1 year anniversary.

::::tosses confetti in the air!!!::::::

For a year now I have been riding my motorbike into the sun up here in the land of the midnight sun and I would not trade my little ATV for anything.

Highlights of the past year for me?

Racing at top speed down trails headed for home and directly into the center of one of the most massive lightning storms I have ever seen in Alaska. Bolts of lightning snaking down to strike the forests on the sides of Hatcher's Pass ahead of me as I race along the trail beside Big Lake road. It was the fastest I have gone on an ATV in years, and was one hell of a wild ride. (Yes, I am deathly afraid of lightning - got hit by it once, been scared of thunderstorms ever since, that's why I live in Alaska - we never used to have them things up here.)

Another highlight - Riding along on the trail and going down along a different part of it where I found in the ditch along the road a little blue stuffed toy some kid had lost. A wyvern hatchling! My ATV handle is Wyvern Rider (yes, I'm old enough to remember CB's, shuuuuduuup.) and my favorite color is blue, so to find a blue wyvern hatchling along the ATV trail was definitely a highlight of the year.

Having guys watch me ride past with smiles and hit on me because they thought I looked good on the ATV. (Hey, I'm single, over weight and over 30 - getting guys smiling and saying I look good is a big deal ;-) lol)

And finally (that I can think of right now) - repairing the ATV trailer with a link from an old dog chain I had used to keep my tool box on the ATV. Regular readers will recall that the trailer lost a wheel on a run to get heating fuel and I had to make emergency repairs along the roadside.

It has been a fun year, with not as many rides as I would have liked, but I had fun and intend to have fun under the midnight sun for many years to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Automobile Blogs - Blog Flare

Privacy Policy