Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Riding and Denali. And I got gold for my birthday

Took my ATV out the other day, but I forgot to take my camera. Trail was real nice with wild roses in bloom and everything too. ::sigh:: Aww well, today looks like it is shaping up to be a nice one and I have plans to go up to Big Lake later, might be able to get a good shot of Denali. There's a point on the Big Lake road where the bike trail is up at the top of a ridge and overlooks the road with a beautiful view out over to Denali on a clear day.

I also want to some time take my ATV North and up into the back side of Hatcher Pass. Went up to Hatcher Pass the other day for my birthday into the public gold mining area for a few minutes and played around but was chased off by the thunderstorms and the fact that my sister's dog came back with porcupine quills in him. Poor pup, but he's a repeat offender so he knew what he was doing.

I did manage to find a tiny bit of gold dust and flour gold - need a microscope to see most of it though. Hey, at least I got gold for my birthday, even if I did have to go out and pan it out of the stream myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Automobile Blogs - Blog Flare

Privacy Policy