Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Possible Mod: CDI Ignition Control Unit

I am contemplating a mod for my ATV that my brother suggested. Me and him were looking over my ATV and he pointed out that the CDI Ignition Control Unit is sitting just behind the rear tire in what he says is a bad location. I don't know much about the mechanical sides of them machines so I'll just have to take his word for it that the thing is not very well situated for mud bogging. He also had a problem with some wiring up front, said that needs to be dealt with ASAP and got wrapped up and tucked up under the bike where it won't get wet or I'll fry my entire ignition system. Dats not good.

So, I am working on plots based on his suggestions and doing a bit of research on the possibilities. He showed me a couple of places that I could relocate the CDI dealie to where it would be more resistant to being soaked repeatedly when out riding on the trails. When I decide what to do with it I'll post the mod here and show you all what it was that I did.

I'm also taking suggestions from anyone that might have an idea on this problem. The little CDI box thing is mounted to the frame just inside the back wheel on the right side of the bike, my brother pointed out a few areas back up under the seat that I might consider moving it to.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Automobile Blogs - Blog Flare

Privacy Policy