Wednesday, September 05, 2007

A shed for my ATV.... sortta

We got a shed from Lowes and put it all together, nice large sized 10'x14' steel one. Took two afternoons for my brother and nephews and me to get it all put together on a 2x6 foundation with particle board flooring, then me and my mom sealed the edges and painted the floor. Looks really nice and my brother and his son built a nifty hand cart ramp up into it that is wide enough for me to drive my ATV up and into the shed. 2x6's just wide enough apart that front wheels set on one joist and back wheels on another joist. Very nice. Drove my little ATV up in there and parked it, still more than enough room for storage. Shoot, could put three more of them ATVs in there and still have some room for storage.

I want to get another shed like that for ATV storage and for my mom's yard tractor to go in when we get one of them things, put that shed on a cement foundation with U bolts buried into the cement to chain the ATV and tractor down to so they won't walk away on their own.

That's a problem in Alaska, ATV's will just walk right out of your own dang yard. One of my nephews had one of his motorcycles stolen out of his yard, thankfully he was driving home as the kid was making off with the bike, so he got the thing back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Automobile Blogs - Blog Flare

Privacy Policy