Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Winter is here - I can hear the roar of snowmachines

I heard a loud noise outside yesterday and for a moment thought that maybe we had company showing up. Looked out and there was my brother and nephews out there getting the snowmachine fired up at last. I had not been too sure the thing was still working, but apparently it is. Now if only they can get the other two or three tucked away in the yard fired up and going as well.

They're not the only ones with such thoughts. I was still listening to someone out on snowmachines on the back roads near me at four in the morning last night. Sounded like some industrious beaver had found a chain saw left in the woods by woodcutters and was determined to get that creek dammed up by morning.

I'm not much of a snow bunny myself. Stepped out on the porch at -60 F years back and did not know it was that cold. Trust me, never go from 70 F to -60 F in one breath. ::wince:: I can't even step out at temperatures in the 20's now without going into a coughing fit.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Automobile Blogs - Blog Flare

Privacy Policy