Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Garage Floors

I want to get something done about the floor in the log garage next year. I had wanted to get something done this year, but it just did not get into the budget. You see, the floor in the log garage is still dirt, and I want to put in a concrete floor like my brother has in his garage. I'd like to create a look of natural slate in there rather than have it just look like a concrete floor though, so I need to see if that's doable when I get to have my brother help me with putting a floor in the log garage. I think it would go really nice with the log walls to have a floor that looks like it was built on either a solid slab of dark slate or granite.

Of course, I know I'll be working on cars in there, and I don't want the oil stains that he had in his garage. He got some stuff in town the other day that he painted on the floor then scattered this speckled stuff on it. His garage floor really looks good now, no more oil stains or other stains (I don't know what the other stuff was, but I assume paint and sealants from painting cars in there). The only problem is that the stuff he got was just a paint.

I was looking at epoxy sealer for garage floors at Car Guy Garage and talking to my brother about the stuff he had put in his garage, and my brother pointed out the difference to me stating that if I look at his garage floor, every time he drives across it some of the paint peels off, where the stuff I was looking at online was the high grade epoxy stuff that they put in showrooms... hmmm... wonder if that stuff resists paint spray staining it? And how my budget is going to be looking for Christmas... (I hope my brother's not reading this blog LOL)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Automobile Blogs - Blog Flare

Privacy Policy