Sunday, April 20, 2008

Big Lake Road trail report

I took my ATV up to the store yesterday, the bike trail is in decent shape, but there are a few areas on it that were of note.

Just before you get to S Southpark Rd headed toward Big Lake, there is a tree downed on the trail. It is easy enough to get over it if you stay to the low side on the thing.

The next area of note is just before getting to S Beaver Lake Rd (the turnoff for Rocky Lake) there is a very large puddle in the middle of the trail. I went to the left (headed toward Big Lake) to get around it, but there is a fallen tree there that makes that a little difficult - the puddle is as deep as it looks when you get a tire off into it, but nothing that is really impassible. I did have to stop after getting through and check that the bag on the front of my ATV was not full of water. The water had splashed right up and over it and I was not sure my camera was safe. It turned out to have a little water in there, but not enough to worry about.

Other than that the trail is in good shape for this time of the year. Much better than the very deep loose-the-atv lakes that were in it last week when I went up to the store. I got some video on the way back (had milk strapped to front so went slow, figured was good time to take video). If any of it turns up decent I'll upload it and share it.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Automobile Blogs - Blog Flare

Privacy Policy