Monday, April 20, 2009

Springtime ride & trail report Big Lake Rd

I just got back from riding my ATV up to the store and back. The trails look fairly good, few very deep puddles, particularly up just before Big Lake where the trail splits off to head up the hill behind Big Lake and goes on ahead toward Fisher's Y.

I did not try the lake in the trail at that point, I did do some exploratory creeping into the water but then decided it was just too deep to risk when I knew it got deeper over where the trails all converge and I was only halfway there at the point I backed out of the water.

Since I was backing up anyway, I went back to the gravel pit across from the post office and dug out the camera, videotaping the trail about halfway back to the Parks Highway, stopping when I hit a section where trucks had torn up the trail at some deep puddles and I needed to put the camera away so I could use both hands on the handlebars. I will try to get that video uploaded to YouTube when I get the time and share it over at AlaskaATV.info I'll post a link here when I get that done.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Automobile Blogs - Blog Flare

Privacy Policy