Monday, May 07, 2007

Possible alteration of a third rack for my ATV?

As I was out looking for a trailer ball for my ATV I found a neat setup on the back of one of the old busted down snow machines that is out back. It's a small rack about the size of a milk crate and just right for holding a small gas can or something for the ATV. I'm looking at if the thing could be added onto the ATV as a rack for holding something and if so will talk to my brother about it since I am fairly sure the snow machine is his rather than one of my nephews' machines.

Here you can see the back of my ATV as it is now, without the possible additional rack on it.



And here is what it would look like (side view inset at bottom of pic) if I added the additional rack.



I would be putting a brace bar on either side down to two tubes at the back of the ATV that are connected to the frame and support the current rear rack.



Because of the boot on the back of the ATV, I am also planning on if there should be a way to lift the case up and out of the way or perhaps remove the bottom of it for when I need to access the tools stored in the boot.

I'm still trying to decide if I want to make this alteration or not, and have not even talked to my brother yet about just who's snow machine it is and if it is scrap or awaiting repairs, but I am contemplating if the third rack would be a good addition or just end up being more of a nuisance than useful carry space.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Automobile Blogs - Blog Flare

Privacy Policy